The Elkay HVR8 FR Vandal-Resistant, Frost-Resistant Water Cooler is a self-contained, wall-hung, refrigerated unit with a chilling capacity of 50°F drinking water, based upon 80°F inlet water and 90°F ambient. The HVR8 FR has a mechanical vandal-resistant push-button bubbler activation, which continues to provide water when electrical service is interrupted; the vandal-resistant bubbler features a chrome-plated integral hood guard to prevent contamination from other users, airborne deposits and tampering. The HVR8 FR meets ADA guidelines for frontal or parallel approach, has a lead free design which meets Safe Drinking Water Act, and is certified to NSF/ANSI 61 and California AB1953, as well as UL399 and CAN/CSA 22.2 No. 120.
- Classic design fits well in all building designs.
- Frost-resistant models extend outdoor usage season.
- Mechanical vandal-resistant push-button continues to provide water when electrical service is interrupted.
- Vandal-resistant bubbler features chrome-plated integral hood guard to prevent contamination from other users, airborne deposits and tampering.
- Stainless steel construction withstands abusive environments and resists stains.
- Provides refreshing, chilled water.
- Tamper-resistant fasteners help protect against vandalism.
- Rated for indoor or outdoor use.
- Motor Compressor:
Hermetically-sealed, reciprocating type, single phase. Sealed-in lifetime lubrication.
Fan cooled, copper tube with aluminum fins. Fan motor is permanently lubricated.
- Cooling Unit:
Combination tube-tank type. Self cleansing. Tube portion is continuous coil of copper tubing. Tank is stainless steel. Fully insulated with EPS foam which meets Underwriters Laboratories Inc. requirements for self-extinguishing material.
- Refrigerant Control:
Refrigerant HFC-134a is controlled by accurately calibrated capillary tube for positively trouble-free operation.
- Temperature Control:
Enclosed adjustable thermostat is factory preset. Requires no adjustment other than for altitude requirements.
Halsey Taylor HVR8 FR Category: